10 years !
(Download 2015 presentation)
In 2015, the international GT Open celebrates an important milestone : its 10th season !
It was back in 2006 that GT Sport and former sportscar driver Jesús Pareja launched the series, following the introduction of GT Sport’s single-seater series, today’s Euroformula Open. Since then, the International GT Open has enjoyed constant expansion and a growing success, thanks to stable rules, controlled costs, excellent TV coverage and premium venues. Today, the International GT Open renews its formula to further assert its position as one of the top pro-am racing GT series in Europe.
The GT Open strengths
- One of the best platforms for Pro and Am GT racing in the world
- The highest level of performance for GT3 cars
- Unbeatable cost/return ratio
- First series to adopt time handicap system to level performances, instead of complex and costly technical measures
- Best calendar in the world, in terms of circuits visited (all legendary and F.1-graded venues)
2015 Facts & Figures
- 7 countries visited
- 11 manufacturers represented
- 5-continent TV coverage
- 109 countries in LIVE TV coverage – 123 in deferred
- More than 2500 hours of TV broadcasting around the globe
- 250.000 circulation of print coverage in specialized press
- 18.5 million hits on GT Open website
- Media value of over 60 million €